The NVIDIA® GeForce RTX® 4090 is the ultimate GeForce GPU. It brings an enormous leap in performance, efficiency, and AI-powered graphics. Experience ultra-high performance gaming, incredibly detailed virtual worlds with ray tracing, unprecedented productivity, and new ways to create. It’s powered by the NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture and comes with 24 GB of G6X memory to deliver the ultimate experience for gamers and creators.
The Ada GPU architecture has been designed to provide revolutionary performance for ray tracing and AI-based neural graphics. It delivers a dramatically higher baseline of GPU performance and marks the tipping point for ray tracing and neural graphics.
MSI envisioned the GAMING series as the favoured graphic card solution for all sorts of gamers, including adventure seekers, eSport competitors, live stream broadcasters, and more. The GAMING series reflects both the spirit of gamers and the intense performance within the cards with a styled exterior that erupts with colourful lights between bold lines and edges.
The GAMING series is upgraded with TRI FROZR 3 to sustain intense performance during gaming and content creation. MSI’s TRI FROZR 3 thermal design enhances heat dissipation all around the graphics card. TORX FAN 5.0 is a culmination of fan design improvements to increase the air pressure and flow into the heatsink. Ring arcs link three sets of fan blades that tilt 22 degrees together to maintain high-pressure airflow even at slower rotational speeds. The resulting increased airflow is +23% compared to an axial fan.
A fan cowl extends beyond the general enclosure to lengthen the wind’s passageway, allowing airflow to stabilize and move smoothly through the fans. Bulging notches under the cowl help to reduce recirculation, thus further improving airflow stability and reducing some noise.
The heat from the GPU and memory modules is immediately captured by a solid nickel-plated copper baseplate and then rapidly transferred to an array of heat pipes. This widening of the thermal transfer systems with highly efficient mechanisms improves overall efficiency.
Core Pipes are precision-crafted to make maximum use of the available space. A squared section of heat pipes fully touches the GPU baseplate and spread the heat along the full length of the heatsink. While Airflow Control improves airflow dynamics through the Wave Curved 2.0, updated deflectors, and Air Antegrade fin design for optimizing the balance between cooling and quieter acoustics.
Fins with a V-shaped cutout are located at the airflow passthrough to improve flow efficiency. Optimizing the inclination angle and increasing the wave notch shapes the air resistance towards the center, pushing out warm air faster like a nozzle.
Thermal pads under the sturdy metal backplate provide additional cooling while the flow-through ventilation reduces trapped heat. Two sets of durable ball bearings spin the TORX fans for years of intense and lengthy gaming sessions. A die-cast anti-bending plate reinforces the whole card while thermal pads allow cooling to reach critical component underneath. A bundled support bracket can be attached to your PC case for additional graphics card reinforcement.
- Boost Clock – 2595MHz (Gaming and Silent)
- Memory Speed – 21 Gbps
- 24GB GDDR6X
- DisplayPort x3(v1.4a) / HDMI x1
- TRI FROZR 3 Thermal Design
- TORX Fan 5.0: Fan blades linked by ring arcs and a fan cowl work together to stabilize and maintain high-pressure airflow.
- Copper Baseplate: Heat from the GPU and memory modules is captured by a copper baseplate and then rapidly transferred to Core Pipes.
- Core Pipe: A section of square-shape heat pipes make maximum contact over the GPU, then spread the heat to the heatsink.
- Airflow Control: Sections of different heatsink fins disrupt unwanted airflow harmonics and reduce noise.
- Dual BIOS gives you the choice to prioritize full performance in GAMING mode or low noise in SILENT mode.
- Graphics Processing Unit: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX® 4090
- Interface: PCI Express® Gen 4
- Core Clocks:
- Extreme Performance: 2610 MHz (MSI Center)
- Boost: 2595 MHz (Gaming and Silent Mode)
- CUDA® Cores: 16384 Units
- Memory Speed: 21 Gbps
- Memory: 24GB GDDR6X
- Memory Bus: 384-Bit
- DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4a)
- HDMI™ x 1 (Supports 4K@120Hz HDR, 8K@60Hz HDR, and Variable Refresh Rate as specified in HDMI 2.1a)
- HDCP Support: Yes
- Power Consumption: 450W
- Power Connectors: 16-pin x 1
- Recommended PSU: 850W
- DirectX Version Support: 12 Ultimate
- OpenGL Version Support: 4.6
- Maximum Displays: 4
- G-Sync® Technology: Yes
- Digital Maximum Resolution: 7680×4320
- Product Dimensions: 33.7 x 14 x 7.7 cm
- Product Weight: 2170g
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB 384-Bit Graphics Card – Black x1